When you purchase car insurance, understanding what is included in your policy is very important. Having the right information can help you determine whether or not you have enough coverage to protect you in the event of an accident. The amount of coverage required by law is the bare minimum, and may not include those other protections that go beyond personal injury protection. Here are a few additional protections you may want to ask your agent about.
- Comprehensive and collision: This provides protection for your car, inside and out. Covered events may include accidents, theft, fire, vandalism, weather damage and other unforeseen losses.
- Uninsured motorist: This policy is designed to help pay for any damages incurred if you are in an accident and the other driver does not have insurance.
- Medical payments: This is an additional protection that can cover you or the other driver for medical payments that exceed the standard personal injury policy coverage.
- Roadside assistance: This may not be included in all standard auto insurance policies, but works well for those individuals who are on the road and need assistance for key replacement, towing, tire changes, dead batteries and more.
- Rental reimbursement: If you are in an accident and your car is inoperable, rental reimbursement can step in and provide a vehicle for you while yours is being repaired. This is an extra add-on in a car insurance policy.
These are just a few things you should look for when reviewing your auto insurance policy. Some of these provisions are mandatory from your lender if you are still making payments on your vehicle. Your agent should be able to help you obtain a policy that includes everything you need within your budget.
Get the right coverage today. Call Allen Harmon Insurance at (269) 441-5156 for more information on Battle Creek auto insurance.