PreHeader Home Page About Us Home Page Get A Quote Partners Claims Blog English Bulgarian Bulgarian Version Contact Us Contact Us

Many home insurance policies cover acts of violence. As you read through your home insurance documents, you may notice this on your policy. An act of violence is a type of peril. Every insurance policy lists the types of perils they cover and those they do not cover. It is important for everyone to knowimage of home insurance policy what their policy specifically covers and what it does not. What does this type of coverage mean? When does it apply?

What Is an Act of Violence?

In some home insurance policies, acts of violence are a part of the coverage. Other policies list this as an exclusion. For this reason, it is important to learn what specific options are available to you.

An act of violence is an action taken with the intent of damage. It is important to know your home insurance will not provide coverage to you if you intentionally cause damage to another person or your own property – even if your policy covers acts of violence. It only provides protection to you if someone else causes this damage to your home. In other words, if you are an innocent victim, you'll often have coverage. However, if you commit a crime, you likely won't.

A good example of this is riots or lootings. Most home insurance policies cover riots. For example, a protest may occur near you. People walking through the streets may cause damage to your property. Some protests turn violent. They can cause broken windows or even fires. In these situations, your policy may cover the financial loss you suffered as a result of the actions of others.

Some Risks Do Not Have Coverage

Most policies have limits here. For example, if an act of war occurs, or there is some type of chemical, biological or even a nuclear attack, the policy is not likely to provide coverage to you for losses. Because policies differ so much, though, it is important to read through yours. That way, you can determine the extent and limitations of your policy. Are these things you should protect against? This depends on your wishes and concerns.

If your policy does not offer acts of violence coverage or has limits, you may be able to add extra coverage. Work with your home insurance agent to gather this information. Your agent may be able to offer a rider for any type of coverage that your policy excludes and you wish to obtain. Nevertheless, knowing what is on your policy first is a must.

Also Read: Who is Responsible When an Uninvited Visitor is Hurt on Your Property?

Posted 11:52 AM

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012

View Mobile Version
Site Footer Home Page Customer Service About Us Get A Quote Contact Us Claims Testimonials Locations
Allen Harmon Insurance Agency | 230 N Helmer Rd | Battle Creek , MI 49037 | (269) 441-5156
Kozhuharov Agency | 961 Oakwood Dr | Rochester, MI 48307 | (877) 205-0051
Powered by Insurance Website Builder