PreHeader Home Page About Us Home Page Get A Quote Partners Claims Blog English Bulgarian Bulgarian Version Contact Us Contact Us

image of lady sitting in carIf you don't own a vehicle, and you don't drive vehicles owned by other people, you won't need an Battle Creek auto insurance policy. However, you should protect yourself if you are ever likely to drive someone else's car. 

If you ever drive the car of a friend or family member, you're going to need to be insured before you set off out on the road. In such situations you may be insured under the policy of the owner. However, this insurance is likely to provide only minimal liability coverage. If you are involved in an accident, you could end up losing everything if the injured party sues for damages.

Getting a non-owners policy, therefore, is a good idea. While it can be expensive if you don't drive often, it is still less costly than a full owner's policy, and may turn out to be critical if you are involved in an accident. The major purpose of this type of policy is to protect you against any financial liability that may be attached to external claims from other drivers, meaning that you won't have to worry when you do drive someone else's car. In addition, such policies are generally cheaper than paying additional day insurance on a rental car whenever you need one, although this does depend on how frequently you use the vehicle.

image of auto insurance quote ad

You will also get protection as a passenger with this type of policy. For example, if you are in a car that is being driven by someone who doesn't have an insurance policy, you will still be protected in the event of an accident. Not only this, but if the vehicle that collides with you isn't insured, you will remain under the protection of your policy. 

Another option is to get extended non-owner's liability insurance. This might be a good option if you drive a company car, and are covered under the company's insurance policy. This type of policy would offer further coverage if you regularly drive the vehicle of your spouse or children, without being named as a driver on their policy.

Ensuring your own financial protection from accidents on the road is critical, regardless of whether you own the vehicle you are driving or not. For more information about getting a non-owner's policy, give Allen Harmon Insurance a call at 269-441-5156.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012

View Mobile Version
Site Footer Home Page Customer Service About Us Get A Quote Contact Us Claims Testimonials Locations
Allen Harmon Insurance Agency | 230 N Helmer Rd | Battle Creek , MI 49037 | (269) 441-5156
Kozhuharov Agency | 961 Oakwood DrĀ | Rochester, MI 48307 | (877) 205-0051
Powered by Insurance Website Builder